fitness for everyone
unleash your potential
get healthier in a
get fit, get healthy,
get 7 days free
Inspiration Meets Perspiration
fitness has never been
this much fun
City Gym Approach
The City Gym Approach is to give each client the components necessary to reach optimal levels of fitness and balanced health
The City Gym Wellness Programs are designed to provide your employees with an easy to understand, practical health and fitness information that will help keep them healthy and impact your bottom line.
Get a 7 Day Free Trail
Give our gym a try by downloading a free, 7 day membership pass. There is no obligation and no credit card required. Get it here
Join the movementLose weight. Increase your energy. Improve your overall well-being. All of this is possible with SilverSneakers. Learn more about this best-in-class program for healthy aging.
The City Gym Approach is to give each client the components necessary to reach optimal levels of fitness and balanced health. Proper nutrition, combined with an efficient cardiovascular and customized weight-training program, has been proven to be the fastest way to attain your goals.
At City Gym, we strive to help you reach your individual fitness goals. Whether those goals are to lose weight or completely re-shape your body, City Gym provides the proper training, equipment and support to maximize your efforts.
Our ‘fitness with focus’ motto is based on the premise that you first have to believe in yourself, want it “bad enough”, and then act on that desire. Allow City Gym to guide you through that process.
City Gym offers a variety of classes and we are adding new ones all the time. Check back periodically for updates to our class schedule.
Flow through this invigorating class and enjoy as your strength and flexibility improve from the inside out! Participants move from station to station in a motivating group setting.
Weights & tubes are used to promote muscular strength and endurance in this total body workout.
Enhance flexibility, decrease muscle soreness and improve body mechanics.
A combination of cardio, plyometrics, strength and flexibility training combined to maximize your 60 minutes in the gym.
City Gym has it's own parking lot and your membership includes free parking.
We are adding new classes all the time. Check back periodically to stay updated.
What Is SilverSneakers?
SilverSneakers offers a fun exercise program designed exclusively for older adults. It is a fitness benefit found in many leading Medicare insurance plans. The program helps older adults pursue fitness goals on their own terms. SilverSneakers provides guidance to help older adults improve general fitness, strength, flexibility, and walking ability. The program’s social events can also help you find new friends who also want to pursue an active lifestyle like you.
SilverSneakers is provided by a third party partner, Healthways, Inc., contracted with health plans offering the benefit.
Inactivity and a lack of exercise increase a person’s risk for heart attack whereas regular exercise can help reduce your risk. Some seniors have fears or concerns about exercise. However, inactivity poses health risks.
Below are some fitness goals and their potential benefits for seniors:
- Increase strength – Increased strength has numerous advantages for seniors. Stairs can become easier to climb, household chores can become less physically taxing, and gardening tasks like hoeing or moving fertilizer bags can be more easily performed.
- Improve balance – Balance is essential for safety. Better balance can reduce the risk of falls and the injuries that accompany them. A broken hip that resulted from a fall can involve a long and painful recovery process.
- Enhance endurance – By improving endurance, older adults can engage in fun activities for longer periods without needing to rest or quit. Practically, that may mean more time playing with the grandkids or walking along a beach.
- Improve flexibility – Flexibility is often overlooked but it is very important. Simple daily activities like tying your shoes or putting on a sweater require a certain degree of flexibility. Flexibility needs to be maintained as we age.
City Gym Wellness Programs are designed to impact your company’s bottom line!
Why do I Need a Corporate Wellness Program?
- Healthy, productive employees are a company’s greatest asset!
- Over half of all employees have poor nutrition, are not exercising, have high stress levels and high cholesterol.
- Physically inactive employees are absent 118% more than active employees.
- Employees who do not exercise are 50% less productive during the last 2 hours of every workday compared to active employees.
- Unhealthy employees have higher health care costs than healthy employees.
- Health care costs are skyrocketing and employers are paying the price.
We would like to suggest that the best place to start is by providing your employees with user-friendly, practical health and fitness information that they can implement immediately. A regular ‘diet’ of these types of sessions/seminars scheduled into your monthly meetings or conferences is what will keep health and fitness a priority in your employees’ lives.
You could schedule us in for a 30 – 90 minute Health and Fitness lecture with your staff on month, a practical session the next or you could just bring us in once a year for an energy boost. The options are limitless and we are able to accommodate any budget. As your employees begin to initiate their new lifestyle changes, if you require more information or in-depth services, we can be of further assistance. We would live to meet with you to discuss how a program may be developed for your organization – please feel free to contact us at 727-898-3302.
How can City Gym Help My Company?
City Gym offers its corporate clients more than just a discounted gym membership! We are committed to providing you company results-oriented programming designed to reduce employee health risk factors to increase company
City Gym provides corporate plans to match the needs, interest and budgets of all companies. Corporate Wellness benefits include discounted City Gym memberships as well as a variety of wellness programs and services offered at a company’s worksite.